Full Beginners Kitesurfing Course
Does it take long? What do I have to learn?
Well we could put a board on your feet and a kite in your hands and let you go straight out there! But most likely the kite would be in the water in about 10 seconds. Then what? You may never come back!
Our Full Beginners Course teaches you to Kitesurf safely. You will get riding, and you will be able to asses the dangers on your own. That’s not as easy as it sounds! But we have steps and techniques that will get you up and riding safely and quickly. Be careful of inexperienced instructors! They will take longer to teach you (therefore more expensive) and could put you in danger.
Our Full course is split into 2 or 3 sessions – 3hrs per day. More than that and you lose concentration even if your body is fit enough. Take your time, and learn safely! You will learn more quickly in the long run.
We aim to make learning easier for you – the best quality equipment, lots of size choices, experienced teachers and radio helmets for every student. We want to make learning Kitesurfing as easy as possible for you!
Private course – 2hrs per day, 3 days normally.
Semi-private course: 3hrs per day, 3 days normally.
Course Contents – IKO level 1 and 2
- Identifying safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Discerning the hazards of a spot
- Setting up a trainer kite
- Knowing how to use the safety systems
- Carry and handle the kite properly
- Learning basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launching & landing the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twisting and untwisting the lines while flying the kite
- Walking & changing directions while flying the kite
- Identifying and using the wind window
- Setting-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre-flight checking of equipment and settings
- In flight checking of equipment and settings
- Pulling the quick release and activating the kite leash
- Understanding and using the international communication signals
- Launching and landing the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Controlling the kite hooked into the harness (using two and one hand)
- Understanding the de-power system and the use of the safety systems
- Learning advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Showing full control of de-power systems in flight
- Recovering the bar and kite
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions