Have you done a course before? Remember some of it but would like a refresher? Do you remember the self-rescue? Did you not learn it in your course?
The quickest way to get up and riding again is our refresher course. You’ll learn much quicker as you have some previous knowledge of what’s involved.
Course contents: Refresh previous lessons, Self Rescue, kite setup and tuning, water relaunch of kite, upwind bodydragging, Boardstarts and continued runs on the board, turns or jumps if you learn quickly.
Refresher courses are usually 1 or 2 sessions. Take your time, and learn safely! You will learn more quickly in the long run.
Lesson length: private 2hrs, semi-private 3hrs
Course Contents – IKO level 2
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions